New PreK-12 EdApp Review Service Focuses on Quality of Instruction!
Upcoming Appearances & Events
February 28-March 1, 2014: LearnLaunch, Cambridge, MA
March 15-17, 2014: ASCD, Los Angeles, CA
June 18, 2014: CLM Leadership Conference, Harrisburg, PA
August 4, 2014: National Autism Conference, State College, PA
- Worth reading! #Performance #Assessment Re-Emerging in #Schools buff.ly/1nhMAKm #teaching #edadmin #authenticassessment #k12 #edchat 17 hours ago
- RT @BalefireLabs: Great news for #iPad #Schools! #Apple Makes Big Improvements In #iOS Management Tools For #Education http://t.co/srRrmqhy… 17 hours ago
- Good read- #Entertainment in #education: #MOOCs compete w/ traditional #classrooms to make #learning fun. buff.ly/1nhLWN9 #highered 19 hours ago
- This is awesome. Meet #Lammily, a #toy #doll with realistic proportions buff.ly/1kAvV6p #gender #women #bodyimage 21 hours ago
- RT @BalefireLabs: Blog: #Technology will not replace #teachers buff.ly/1nhNBCb #edtech #edtechchat #ipadedu #teaching #cpchat #k12 22 hours ago
Tag Archives: education technology
Have you guys heard about the YouTube channel ASAP Science? Every week they post a short, animated video about some scientific concept. It’s a bit “pop-sciency,” but I like it a lot. The videos are entertaining and cite scientific research … Continue reading
I thought this was a really fun infographic to kick off the week. I’m an Early Adopter and Big Talker. Which ones are you?
That’s right…not just any old answer pad. THE Answer Pad. Over the past couple of months I’ve had the good fortune to meet and get to know Anna and Hal Sturrock, founders and inventors of The Answer Pad, at a … Continue reading
Today’s post comes from guest blogger Reese Jones. Reese is an IOS and android fan who loves phones and print media. Reese writes regularly for Techie Doodlers. She is also a keen footballer (for those in the US, that mean soccer!) and … Continue reading
Today I’m sitting here, manning my own booth, at the Massachusetts Computer Using Educators Conference at Gillette Stadium. I’m here exhibiting Balefire Labs, which by now you know is my ed tech startup that provides an online service reviewing educational … Continue reading
Just in case you didn’t catch it someplace else, I thought I’d share the free math app review that we published this week over on Balefire Labs. I’ve talked to you guys about the Native Numbers app before, but here … Continue reading
This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to give a talk at the Computer-Human Interaction Forum of Oregon (CHIFOO). CHIFOO is a really interesting group. They are a local chapter of SIGCHI, the premier international society for professionals, academics and students … Continue reading
You know I’m a sucker for a fun infographic. And when I came across this one I thought it was really funny….until I realized that I’m in that “your parents” generation! Yikes! When did that happen?!?
This blog post originally appeared on the Balefire Labs blog. A lot of teachers and parents we talk to have told us that when they are trying to find apps for their kids they look at the Top Charts in … Continue reading