New PreK-12 EdApp Review Service Focuses on Quality of Instruction!
Upcoming Appearances & Events
April 25-26, 2014 MassHope Homeschool Conference, Worcester, MA
June 18, 2014: CLM Leadership Conference, Harrisburg, PA
August 4, 2014: National Autism Conference, State College, PA
- @MSaylorPMHS Thanks for the mention, Maryann! 2 hours ago
- RT @MSaylorPMHS: Three Revised Things to Unlearn About Learning wp.me/p25hk5-66 via @karenlmahon 2 hours ago
- RT @Special_Ism: Special-Ism's Special Feature is out! paper.li/Special_Ism/13… Stories via @KarenLMahon @DrHyken 1 day ago
- RT @TeacherCast: What is Self-Motivation, Anyway? by @KarenLMahon is.gd/2ebbQH #edtech #blog #edstuff #tcdn @TeacherCast 1 day ago
- This #tech #startup uses a simple formula to decide how much stock to give employees buff.ly/1nu07hV #equity #startups #entrepreneurs 1 day ago
Tag Archives: IPad
It’s been a long week for me. I’ve been working on the next big thing that we’re launching next week at Balefire Labs. I won’t give it away here, but suffice it to say that only something really cool brought … Continue reading
Did you all see the image online about each state’s biggest stereotype, according to Google’s autocomplete feature in search? If you missed it, here’s the image from the Huffington Post.
That’s right…not just any old answer pad. THE Answer Pad. Over the past couple of months I’ve had the good fortune to meet and get to know Anna and Hal Sturrock, founders and inventors of The Answer Pad, at a … Continue reading
Today’s post comes from guest blogger Reese Jones. Reese is an IOS and android fan who loves phones and print media. Reese writes regularly for Techie Doodlers. She is also a keen footballer (for those in the US, that mean soccer!) and … Continue reading
Skeptical about the instructional value of paid educational apps? Our research at Balefire Labs shows that you should be. We pretty regularly get questions and comments about paid versus free apps. There seem to be two general (and competing) schools … Continue reading
Just in case you didn’t catch it someplace else, I thought I’d share the free math app review that we published this week over on Balefire Labs. I’ve talked to you guys about the Native Numbers app before, but here … Continue reading
This blog post originally appeared on the Balefire Labs blog. A lot of teachers and parents we talk to have told us that when they are trying to find apps for their kids they look at the Top Charts in … Continue reading
Here’s a really cool infographic to kick off your week, from the folks at OnlineUniversities.com!
For most people this will probably be an incredibly boring post. You’ve been warned. For others, like me, who are very concerned with language in science, and precision of language, this is the post for you. I’ve always described our … Continue reading