New PreK-12 EdApp Review Service Focuses on Quality of Instruction!
Upcoming Appearances & Events
Webinars: Mobile Devices in the Classroom I and II - October 21 and November 4, 2014 - http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=de413d923a9702faf1c0b9d40&id=6c85ba1ae4&e=f183ad8909&utm_content=bufferac793&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
- RT @BalefireLabs: #Doozers Solve It - #Kids’ EdApp of the Day buff.ly/1lqbwDy #gaming #gbl @DoozersTV https://t.co/kf1gU4097I 1 hour ago
- RT @BalefireLabs: The 7 Best #Thanksgiving Learning #Games for #Kids buff.ly/1NhYB1j #mobile #moms https://t.co/MNn8MChq3O 2 days ago
- @transitionyte Thanks for including me, Dianne! 4 days ago
- RT @transitionyte: Fun #Kids #Games is out! paper.li/f-1397608859?e… Stories via @me_palash @oremcommunity @KarenLMahon 4 days ago
- RT @BalefireLabs: The 7 Best #Thanksgiving Learning #Games for #Kids buff.ly/1P9Wsad #parents #parenting #ipad https://t.co/4y2AVaE… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: iTunes
Did you all see the image online about each state’s biggest stereotype, according to Google’s autocomplete feature in search? If you missed it, here’s the image from the Huffington Post.
Skeptical about the instructional value of paid educational apps? Our research at Balefire Labs shows that you should be. We pretty regularly get questions and comments about paid versus free apps. There seem to be two general (and competing) schools … Continue reading
This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to give a talk at the Computer-Human Interaction Forum of Oregon (CHIFOO). CHIFOO is a really interesting group. They are a local chapter of SIGCHI, the premier international society for professionals, academics and students … Continue reading
This blog post originally appeared on the Balefire Labs blog. A lot of teachers and parents we talk to have told us that when they are trying to find apps for their kids they look at the Top Charts in … Continue reading
I’ve been a bit off the grid this past week, so my apologies for not writing. That said, this is my 100th blog post! Wow! Thinking back to my first blog post, it’s been a really fun ride. For my … Continue reading
We know that smart devices and mobile learning are HOT in K12 right now. And here’s what parents have to say (we think they like it!)
I was talking to a school superintendent last week about how her district selects iPad apps for use in the classrooms. She said that the first thing they do is separate the free from the paid apps…and then they go … Continue reading
The other day I had another reminder of just how naive I really am. You’d think by now I would be a bit wilier. But no. So here’s the story. You all know that I review a LOT of educational … Continue reading
Friends, if you haven’t had a chance to complete the Balefire Labs Parent Survey about your kids using apps, there’s still time! Thank you so much for helping us!